Needs of the Church
“I ain't got no money, honey” - The Big Bopper
No, we are not asking for money here, but some assistance in managing aspects of the Church would be appreciated.
- We would appreciate any pro bono (that is free of charge - see quotation above) advice and representation from lawyers in any jurisdiction who would be prepared to assist in obtaining official recognition as a religion for The Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic. [By official recognition, we mean that our ordained clergy would be recognized as having authority to perform legal marriages within the jurisdiction. This authority has already been obtained in most US states.] Our needs are focussed in countries with more restrictive regulations than the USA, especially Canada, the UK, Australia, and most countries of Europe. Any lawyer providing such services may use the designation Official Counsel of The Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic.
- In particular, we would like some legal advice with respect to the Province of Alberta where the headquarters of the church is domiciled with respect to incorporation, and to challenging the requirement to provide a list of 100 church members resident in Alberta so as to obtain official recognition.
- We have a continuing need for articles for publication so as have fresh content on the web site. Please consider submitting material to Reflections on Ethics, Meditations, Debate & Discourse; or if you disagree with us, for Talkback.
- For those who want to donate money - we have strongly discouraged this activity in the past. This is a personally funded initiative and the founder has an aversion to make himself financially accountable to anyone else. We suggest you use your money to promote Agnosticism in ways of your own. Alternatively, there is almost always a recovery effort going on for the latest natural disaster to hit the world. Donate your money generously to aid the relief efforts.
- Donate a relevant book for review. As of December 2006, we will accept books specifically for review on the site. For details, please see A Miscellany 126.
If you wish to help, please Contact the Church
Our Thanks for Assistance Provided
Previously we had asked on this page for some submissions of logos for the Church and the University. As a result we now have a seal for the University of Nescience which is displayed on the University site and appears as a watermark on degrees, and for the Church a logo and a range of stationery elements which are available in the Clergy Resource Site. (Accessible by members only) Also, several graphics are displayed in the Links section for those who would like to use a banner to link their site to ours. For their efforts, David Boyer, Patriarch of Ohio, and Mark Eakin, Archbishop of Montgomery have both been designated Official Artist of the Church.
We would also acknowledge the support of John Karpf, Patriarch of Florida who for a number of years hosted early versions of the web site, message board, and chat room at no charge.
We thank Chris Kirby, Patriarch of Florida who currently hosts the message board free of charge.
Thank you to those who donated time and resources in aid of the 2003 Essay competition.
Thanks to David Della Vecchia, who did the programming for our automated choir membership and unbaptism forms.
- If you have an overwhelming and irresistable urge to financially support the web site, then put a dollar or two (no more) in an envelope and send it to the address on your ordination document.
- Unlike the message board, the web site and chat room are currently hosted commercially. We use two different hosting services for a main and mirror site as in the past we have found that some hosting services go out of business suddenly or lower their service levels without warning.